with Amy Matthews & Sarah Barnaby
Come learn to observe, appreciate and facilitate your baby’s movement and perceptual development. Our developmental age-group focused classes are child-oriented and child-led. We value process over milestones and respect each child’s timing as their whole self develops.
These classes are limited to 6 babies and their caregivers. Our intention is to meet each child where they are. Let us know if you have questions about which class best meets where your child is now.
Through a combination of discussion, observation and practice with the babies, we’ll cover developmentally relevant topics that apply to all age groups, such as:
- how to support your baby’s sense of safety, comfort and bonding as they arrive
- handling and touch principles and techniques
- rhythm and timing
- balancing flexion and extension
- “baby ball” and flexor tone
- how to observe preferences and facilitate more choice
We’ll also cover topics relevant to each particular group:
Developmental Age Group 1: Birth to Rolling
- orienting to gravity, including side-lying and tummy time
- finding “midline” and how to support it
- supporting your baby’s crying and processing
- weight-shifting and rolling
Developmental Age Group 2: Rolling to Crawling
- symmetrical and asymmetrical movement patterns
- pivoting and belly crawling
- head righting
- pathways to sitting
Developmental Age Group 3: Crawling to Walking
- orienting to space, including reflexes and falling
- belly crawling into hands and knees crawling
- pathways to sitting
- supporting kneel sitting, kneel standing, kneel walking, squatting and cruising
- pathways to standing and walking
PRICE, DATES & REGISTRATION
These classes are sold in 6-class packages that you can use to book any available class times. A class package is good for 6 months from your first class. If your child moves to a new developmental level, you can transfer unused classes to the new level.
$240 for 6-class package, $210 Members price
Please first fill out our registration form for these classes. Once you’ve registered with us, you can buy a class package and book specific class dates through our online booking system.
Birth to Rolling
Sept 13 – Dec 13 (no class Oct 25, Nov 22)
Sept 21 – Dec 21 (no class Nov 2, Nov 23)
Rolling to Crawling
Sept 14 – Dec 14 (no class Oct 26, Nov 23)
Sept 22 – Dec 22 (no class Nov 3, Nov 24)
Crawling to Walking
Sept 12 – Dec 12 (no class Oct 24, Nov 21)
Sept 20 – Dec 20 (no class Nov 1, Nov 22)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.